Across industries, CIOs are being asked to do more with less. In light of recent budget cuts and optimisation mandates across all industries, most enterprises are seeking to optimise their existing application investments.
They are doing this by enhancing application functionality and pursuing reductions in application maintenance and support costs. In fact, the transformation of an existing portfolio can reduce the overall costs of ownership and, at the same time, directly align applications with business strategy.
APPLICATION INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
– Automatically discovers and labels the software components (multi-technology) of the application portfolio in production.
– Builds the software system’s map (multi-layer).
– Obtains in real-time the relationship between the software components that constitute the systems in production.
– Helps to simplify and rationalise IT environments, identifying those areas of value within the application portfolio.
GENERATE LEGACY DOCUMENTATION
It helps maintain the consistency of, and to complete the technical documentation of the system developed during the development process, which helps to automatically generate documentation in those systems that do not have any or to update documentation where necessary.
IMPACT & DELTA ANALYSIS
– Runs the impact analysis for typical application maintenance tasks (planning, change requests and new functionality etc.), taking into account factors such as: costs, necessary resources and technical complexity etc.
– Evaluates the collateral effects and negative impacts associated with the implementation of new specifications of the systems, offering various alternatives facing these change requests.
– Allows the discovering of “deltas” (code that has been modified) between environments or versions of the same system.
ARCHITECTURE & OBSOLESCENCE ANALYSIS
– Generates the metrics related to the applications “structures” (input, output, architecture and design etc).
– Checks that the application’s software elements are compatible with the architecture normative (such as illegal dependencies detection etc).
– Develops obsolescence analysis to detect the components, which are not used by the system, that consume resources and that are a source of potential errors.